Anyone can give a gift. All you need to do is go to a store, pick up something, probably wrap it up and give it to the person, right? No, gifting is not so simple, especially if you want your gift to have an impact on the person.
When you want your gift to matter, it has to be thoughtful and meaningful. Anyone can walk into a store and buy a gift like buying a child something from StarWalkKids.
Here are some ways in which you make your gift more meaningful:
- Wrapper – All stores have some wrapper or the other to wrap the gifts in. mostly these wrappers are free. Select a wrapper with a message in it. If it is a birthday, choose something that says happy birthday, or some prints that the person would like, etc. you may have to pay a little extra for these wrappers but it will make your gift stand apart from others’.
- Choose Right – When you are choosing the gift, think back on conversations you had with the person to see if you remember them talking about something in specific. If you know they are looking for something specific, see if you can buy that. Some items may not be easy to get, put in a little effort to source such items and this will make the person feel special and your gift very meaningful.
- Add A Note – Add a small not or a well-written letter to the person you are gifting to. A handwritten note personalizes the gift and gives you a chance to add more value and meaning to the gift. These notes and letters are bound to carry something personal or meaningful to the person.
- Handmade – If you are good at making things, you can make a gift with your own hands. Handmade items are scientifically proven to make the person feel more special and the gift more meaningful.
- Donate – When you donate generously in the name of a person, it makes them feel good about themselves and special to you. This need not be just a big amount of money. Charity can be any form and to know someone has done it in our name is bound to make that gift very special.